As with all fine things in life, you should take care to protect your jewellery to ensure it stays looking its best. Jewellery should be stored in a fabric lined jewellery box which prevents and protects it from falls, bashes and scratching.
Dust, pollution and daily wear can all contribute to the dulling of the metal and gemstones. This can easily be resolved by following the care guidance I have provided below:
- ALWAYS remove your jewellery when applying scent, lotions and potions, or even better, always put your jewellery on last when getting dressed.
- Protect all Jewellery from scratches, sharp blows, chemicals, extreme temperatures, and sunlight.
- After each wearing, gently wipe each piece of jewellery clean of makeup and skin oils with a 100% cotton cloth.
- Store jewellery separately so it doesn't scratch other jewellery.
- Remove jewellery when doing household tasks such as gardening, cleaning, household repairs or other strenuous activities.
- Apply make-up and hair spray before putting on your jewellery. Make-up and hair spray contain chemicals that may affect your jewellery.
- Do not store jewellery next to heating vents, window sills, or in the car.
- Store jewellery away from sunlight. The sun may fade some gemstones.
- Do not wear jewellery while in a pool, hot tub or bathing. The chlorine in the water can damage various gemstones and metals including gold.
- Always store bead necklaces strung on silk flat because silk stretches over time.
- Frequent cleaning is recommended to maintain its true beauty.
- Salt water, chlorine in swimming pools, soap, perfumes, personal products and perspiration take their toll on all fine jewellery.
- Wipe your jewellery carefully with a soft cloth to keep it clean and enjoy!
If you are in doubt, please do not hesitate to get in touch!